Saturday, January 17, 2015

Coconut Carrot Cake

About this Recipe...

I love to bake simple sponge cake and have it with my evening tea or coffee. But this time I thought to do some twist with my regular cake, so decided to make a carrot cake. While grating the carrot for the cake, one ingredient came to my mind and I decided to add that also in my cake along with carrots. I have some leftover shredded coconut in my refrigerator and I added that also in the cake and guess what? It turns to a perfect delicious Coconut Carrot Cake. My hubby love the cake so much that he finishes more than half of the cake.

So for what you are waiting? If you have all the ingredients at home then bake this delicious, moist and fluffy cake and enjoy it at any time of the day.



Ingredients

  • 2 Cups All purpose flour
  • 2 tsp Baking powder
  • 1 1/2 Cups Powdered sugar
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 2 Egg
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 Tbsp Melted butter
  • 1 Cup Shredded carrot
  • 1/2 Cup Freshly grated coconut


Directions

  1. In a mixing bowl, add melted butter and eggs. Beat the mixture till the eggs get fluffy.
  2. Now add milk and vanilla extract to it and mix well.
  3. Now sift all the dry ingredients together to this mixture and blend it nicely so no lumps can form.
  4. Blend it to a smooth mixture, if the mixture looks too dry then add little milk and blend it.
  5. Now add the shredded carrot and coconut to it and mix nicely.
  6. Meanwhile preheat the oven in 350 F. Pour the cake mixture in a butter greased cake pan and bake the cake for 30 minutes.
  7. When the cake is done, bring it out from oven and let it cool down completely.
  8. Unmould the cake from the pan, cut it and enjoy it.
  9. Note:
    If you want to put any icing then you can do it but I like to enjoy the cake as it is.

                                                            No comments:

                                                            Post a Comment